19 Jun Concrete works advisory – Palm and Hibiscus Neighborhood Improvements Project
Posted on June 19, 2021
Palm and Hibiscus Neighborhood Improvements Project
Concrete Work Advisory – June 19, 2021
The Palm and Hibiscus Neighborhood Improvements Project is nearing completion. Concrete valley gutter repairs and replacements will begin Monday, June 21, in preparation for final asphalt and project completion.
Project Overview and Benefits
The right of way has undergone full reconstruction, which provides new water and storm water systems, including three pump stations and generators, upgraded sanitary sewer infrastructure, street lighting and raised/rebuilt roads as well as landscaping and undergrounding of franchise utilities on Hibiscus Island.
The City of Miami Beach is approaching completion of this complex infrastructure improvement project in your neighborhood. The city’s contractor will be repairing concrete valley gutters throughout both Palm and Hibiscus Islands in preparation for the final layer of asphalt and striping on the roadway. Work will begin on Monday, June 21 and last approximately one month.
The work will be completed in the following phases:
- First: Palm Island, east side
- Second: Hibiscus Island, east side
- Third: Hibiscus Island, west side
- Fourth: Palm Island, west side
In order to preserve and protect the newly poured or repaired concrete, please refrain from parking on and along the valley gutters as much as possible until the final layer of asphalt is applied to the road. The schedule may change due to inclement weather or unforeseen conditions.
What to Expect
- The public information team will coordinate with property owners as needed.
- Access to driveways will be provided at the end of each workday.
- Vehicles should be secured and away from the work area by 8 a.m. while during construction.
- Moderate levels of construction noise will be present in the work area.
- Construction machinery, vehicles and personnel will be in the work area.
Who to Contact
For more information, please contact field public information liaison Maria Alzate at 305.560.8218 or Maria@iscprgroup.com